Image Map

Monday, February 7, 2011

Twenty and Five

I love books. Correction: I adore books.

Here are 20 books that I am hoping to read in the near future. My half-birthday is coming up in a couple weeks (hint, hint!).

1. Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy)
2. The Complete Stories of Flannery O'Connor
3. The Problem of Pain (C.S. Lewis)
4. Eats, Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation (Lynn Truss)
5. My Lobotomy (Howard Dully)
6. Sacred Marriage (Gary Thomas)
7. Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy (Eric Metaxas and Tim Keller)
8. The Jesus Storybook Bible
9. Anne of Windy Poplars (Lucy Maud Montgomery)
10. Anne of Ingleside (Lucy Maud Montgomery)
11. Rainbow Valley (Lucy Maud Montgomery)
12. Rilla of Ingleside (Lucy Maud Montgomery)
13. Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1 (Julia Child, Louisette Bertholle, Simone Beck, Sidonie Coryn )
14. The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life (Francine Jay)
15. I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy (Angie Smith)
16. One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are (Ann Voskamp)
17. Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream (David Platt)
18. unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity...and Why it Matters
(Dave Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons)
19. Hear, My Son: Teaching and Learning in Proverbs 1-9 (Daniel J. Estes - my professor!!!)
20. Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression (Andrew Solomon)

And 5 books I recently read and highly recommend.

1. The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University (Kevin Roose)
2. Where Is God When It Hurts (Philip Yancey)
3. The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness (Elyn Saks)
4. The Giving Tree (Shel Silverstein)
5. I Capture The Castle (Dodie Smith)

1 comment:

  1. 1. One of my FAVORITE books. You should include Brothers Karamozof (I doubt I spelled that right - those crazy Russians)

    2. Flannery O'Connor. mmmm... need I say more?

    3. YES! SOO good, however different from his propositions in a Grief observed

    6. Mom uses this book a lot in counseling. Let me know how it is.

    9-12 Never even heard of the author, must now add to my list.

    17-19 very good, very very good

    20. Crazy intense.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover