Image Map

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Faithfulness of Daniel


Daniel 6:4-5 
"So the governors and satraps sought to find some charge against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find no charge or fault, because he was faithful; nor was there any fault or error found in him.  Then these men said, "We shall not find any charge against this Daniel unless we find it against him concerning the law of his God."

This afternoon I was reading in Daniel directly before I began my prayer time as I looked for an example of a prayer warrior in Scripture.  As I read these verses (and the subsequent verses) I was struck with the notable character of Daniel.  The governors and satraps were looking over his shoulder on everything in life, trying to find his mistakes, but they could find no charge or fault!  Imagine what that would look like in our world!  No speeding tickets, no pirated music, nothing!  They could find no error or fault in him!  The word 'faithful' used to describe Daniel in this passage also means 'trustworthy.'  The *only* way that these evil men could find fault with Daniel was if they made a rule that directly conflicted with his religion.  This made me reflect on my own life and think about how obedience I am to authorities (government, church, university, parents, etc).
If you follow the passage, of course, you seen that Daniel continues to be faithful in prayer three times a day "as was his custom since early days (emphasis mine)."  Just a reminder that faithfulness in prayer doesn't just occur...I need to be demonstrating an active prayer life now in life.  It takes work.
Okay, my sleeping medicine is kicking in and I have some girls in my room to talk to.  this could be much more eloquent, but oh well. :)  good night for now! 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Amen! This is very true and an awesome fact about God's servant Daniel. Wow! What an example that he has set for all of us as believers. This writing is very challenging. Especially when you mentioned how it would look if this was today. No sign whatsoever of breaking the law even to the smallest degree! I think that it would be very interesting to see what our government today would do to someone like this... hmm... it would be amazing to see what would happen... Callie, I appreciate your thoughts on Daniel. Keep studying God's Word and allowing Him to show you more!! It is so exciting, is it not?!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover