Image Map

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

House #9

I spent the morning at the library getting some reading material for Christmas break.  I brought back a few favorites like Daniel Deronda (by George Eliot) and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith) and a few new books including Anna Karenina (Tolstoy of course!).  All of our books are still in storage since the last move, so we are relying on the library more than usual.  One of the things that I miss the most while at Cedarville is the chance to just curl up with a book and read for pleasure!  No test, no paper - just reading for pure enjoyment.  Hopefully I will get to catch up on my "fun" reading this break because heaven knows I won't have any extra time next semester!  :)

This afternoon we went "house shopping."  This will be my ninth house.  I think that we are all ready to get into a home.  The rental we are living in right now is fine, but it's just a house...definitely not "homey".  Today I believe we toured either seven or eight houses.  Sometimes I wonder if this next house will ever feel like home to me.  I mean, I don't live here anymore other than my breaks from Cedarville and I don't know anyone in this city!  I guess that we'll just have to wait and see about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover