Image Map

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Nightstand Reading




Do you keep books on your nightstand? 

Whatever I'm currently reading usually ends up there, along with other random things. 

Yesterday I looked at my nightstand and realized that I have a relatively small stack of books - just five, in fact.  Here's the list from top to bottom:

Have you read this blog?  Robyn is a friend of a friend so although I've never read her blog before, I went to the book signing here in Omaha.  As she read a couple excerpts from the book and shared her story, I knew I would like the book!  

This book is by a fellow Redbud and it is one I'm reviewing for BookLook Bloggers.  I'm not too far in, but I can tell that it is a book that has the potential to impact many people.  I am looking forward to writing a review when I finish it.

It is impossible to be a good Christian writer and not read Anne Lamott, right??  Although I've known of Anne for years, I haven't read any of her books.  But when a different Anne (of Modern Mrs. Darcy) posted Shauna Niequist's book recommendations for writers and it contained not one, but TWO Anne Lamott books, I knew it was time.  I'm so looking forward to digging into these.

Another Anne Lamott!  And also from Shauna Niequist's recommended list.    

I love this little book by Lauren Winner.  This is probably the third or fourth time I've read it!

Also hanging out on my nightstand is a book of crossword puzzles, a book on toddler speech, a bottle of melatonin, Starbucks tea, lotion, Kleenex, and nine bobby pins.



What's on YOUR nightstand??


**All opinions are my own.  Forgiving Our Fathers and Mothers was given to me by the publisher in exchange for a review that will be posted soon.  All other books were purchased on my own or given as gifts.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I noticed when browsing through your site is your love for books! I would love to offer you a copy of my book: Journey Through Deployment for you to review if you are interested. It's currently available on PDF and Kindle and coming out in print this month! www.singingthroughtherain.net/journey-through-deployment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin @ Omaha Public LibraryMay 23, 2014 at 2:26 PM

    It's pretty easy for a nightstand to be a catch-all of sorts, but I think books -- whether being read or not -- look nice atop one. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover