Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

the base library

Today I finally went to our base library - I'm so glad I did!  Of course, libraries on Air Force bases aren't very big (at least not the ones I've encountered so far), but this one surprised me by being sweet and well-stocked.  We were only there for a few minutes so I just grabbed a book by a familiar author, but I'm looking forward to many days of browsing the shelves.  Is there anything nicer than stolen moments amidst books?  :)



"No possession can surpass, or even equal a good library, to the lover of books. Here are treasured up for his daily use and delectation, riches which increase by being consumed, and pleasures that never cloy." 
- John Alfred Landford (1823-1903)


"A good library will never be too neat, or too dusty, because somebody will always be in it, taking books off the shelves and staying up late reading them." 
- Lemony Snicket

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover