Image Map

Monday, July 9, 2012

Independence Day (and more)





We celebrated Independence Day starting Tuesday night with fireworks!  Offutt AFB has a beautiful base lake that is open to military families.  It has a campground, a sand volleyball court, picnic areas, boat rentals, fishing, etc.  On Tuesday afternoon/evening the FSS hosted a special event for the base families and ending with fireworks.  We showed up about an hour before the fireworks which is when I snapped the picture above.  While we were waiting, one of the AF bands performed and it was fun to hear the music floating across the lake to us.  The fireworks were directly across from us so we had great seats.  :)


The only thing Caleb requested for the 4th was fruit pizza, so I whipped this up.  It reminded both of us of last year when we celebrated the 4th of July with my sister, brother-in-law and niece and we made fruit pizza with them.  I had one very happy husband.  ;)  We spent the rest of the day running errands and relaxing.  

Twice a week, I go to the hospital for special monitoring which means I am getting to know the maternity ward and the nurses very well.  In addition to those, I still have regular appointments with the OB.  We're thankful that I'm getting good medical care (and especially thankful that the AF covers it all). The downside of all these appointments is that it makes sharing a car a little more complicated.  One day last week I made ELEVEN trips back and forth between base and our house/the hospital/the clinic.  Caleb made a few more trips later on, but I was wiped out by that point, so I stayed home!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover