Image Map

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Currently Reading: Heaven to Betsy and Betsy In Spite of Herself

Heaven to Betsy and Betsy In Spite of Herself
Maud Hart Lovelace


Ah, the beloved Betsy-Tacy series.  These are the stories of my childhood.  As we moved around the country, I felt like these were the friends that moved with me.  We started with reading the four books that were about their childhood, growing up in Deep Valley, Minnesota around the turn of the century.  Then I followed Betsy, Tacy and Tib through their high school years (with all the various ups and downs of high school, crushes, dances and more).  I toured Europe with Betsy.  I read as she FINALLY married Joe Willard and followed her as a newlywed.  Some years later, I found a few more Deep Valley books.  The two books mentioned above are her freshman and sophomore years of high school respectively.  I am reading through the series again this summer before I pack up all my books to move to Mississippi.  Mr. Mays agreed that if I have to be moved all over the country and perhaps all over the world and be moved away from friends and family, I could at least bring my fictional friends along.

These are such wonderful, classic books.  I've read each book at least a dozen times and I still love
 re-reading them again.  They are mentioned in my favorite movie, as well.  :)  Hope that you'll get a chance to pick up one of these books soon.  They really are enchanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover