Image Map

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions

Take a moment and reflect on these words.  Read it slowly.  Imagine the word 'selah' (meaning stop and thinking about it) after each line.  When you are finished reading, click on one of the following links.  Sovereign Grace did an album entitled "Valley of Vision" and I am including links to one song: "In the Valley"  audio clip of song or read the lyrics.


Lord, High and Holy, meek and lowly,
Thou hast brought me to the valley of vision,
  where I live in the depths but see Thee in the heights
  hemmed in by mountains of sin I behold Thy glory

Let me learn by paradox
     that the way down is the way up,
  that to be low is to be high,
  that the broken heart is the healed heart,
     that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit,
     that the repenting soul is the victorious soul,
     that to have nothing is to possess all,
     that to bear the cross is to wear the crown,
     that to give is to receive,
     that the valley is the place of vision.
Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells,
     and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine;
Let me find Thy light in my darkness,
     Thy life in my death,
     Thy joy in my sorrow,
     Thy grace in my sin,
     Thy riches in my poverty,
     Thy glory in my valley.

Oh how I wish that I could sit down with each person who reads this, grab a hot drink and share what God is teaching me.  It seems so impersonal and strange to "blog" about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover