Image Map

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The DVD of Faithfulness

As I "chatted" with a friend last night (Thank you Facebook!), we discussed the faithfulness of the Lord and were remembering a sermon from Revival Week (while we both served with Life Action Ministries).  The message was by Crawford Loritz, a pastor in Fairburn, Georgia.  This post is a combination of that message, the conversation last night and my own thoughts, so I don't take credit for most of it!

I have a bad memory.  I easily forget the things that God has done in my life.  King David wrote "I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your work; I muse on the work of Your hands."   He also wrote "Trust in the LORD and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness."  David understood how dangerous it is for us when we forget what God has done.  Think about the nation of Israel and what happened when generations of them forgot what God had done in prior generations.

We constantly need to be replaying the faithfulness of our Lord.  Like a favorite DVD, replay the times when God has proven Himself to you.  When I am discouraged by life, I am reminded that over and over again He has been faithful.  Start compiling your own "DVD of Faithfulness."  Make a list either on paper or in your mind.

Also, maybe this song will be a blessing and a reminder to you. The pictures can be cheesy (although the rainbow IS the sign of God's promise- Gen 9:16), but the words are TRUE.

Be encouraged!  

God is faithful!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover