Image Map

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

legos for girls?! oh wait. those were created over 60 years ago.

(If you've somehow missed the controversy over the new line of LEGOs targeted at girls, you can read an introduction to the disagreement by checking out the links here and here and here and here.) 


photo via 22 Words


Why do toys need to be labeled as "boy toys" or "girls toys"?  Why must "girl toys" be pink, purple and sparkly?  And why do all the characters for "girl toys" end up being unrealistically skinny and shapely and look like valley girls?

gah!  "Girly LEGOs" are joining the list of banned toys for our future children.

1 comment:

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover