Image Map

Friday, January 15, 2010

Psalm 119:75


"I know, O LORD, that Your judgements are right and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me."

This verse has been my near constant reminder of God's goodness as I have been ill. I am reminded of the power of Scripture as even this simple verse endows so much Truth when my mind is "famished for Truth."

I praise Jesus that He is the Wise, Sovereign God and that my illness has in no way surprised Him. I thank Him for being the Good and Gentle Healer, who created my body and knows exactly what is happening. I thank Him for sustaining me each day even when I feel absolutely wretched. I offer thanksgiving for the Word and for the Church, which provide sweet encouragement. I praise Him for forgiving my sins and ask Him to search my heart and reveal to me where I am wrong. I beg that He teach me great lessons through this and that this pain not be wasted. I ask that He will use my life to bless, encourage, exhort and admonish others. I give back to Him my dreams and plans for the future, acknowledging that I have not been given the future - only today - and that tomorrow is His. Most of all, I thank Jesus that I have Heaven to look forward to! That my life on earth is not the end, rather the beginning of a new and glorious life with Jesus. Oh happy day!



p.s. I haven't been blogging much lately because of the additional strain it put on my wrists (trying to save typing for purely academic work). It might be a while before the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment - i read each one and they mean the world to me! If you have a blog, please leave a link because I'd love to check it out! :)

**if you're leaving a comment anonymously, but would like me to respond, please leave an email address to which I can reply, or contact me directly by email (link under my picture and profile on the top right side of page where you see the envelope). thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover